These recipes each come in at around 300 calories. Obviously everyone is built differently, so if you need to adjust the calories feel free to cut or double portions of the ingredients. Any blender will work for homemade protein shake recipes, but we love the Vitamix Explorian® E310.
- As a result, products could contain ingredients or substances not listed on the label or in different amounts than listed .
- They are often consumed before or after weight training or a high-intensity workout to assist in muscle recovery.
- Secondly, PEScience protein powder is a blend of whey & casein protein powder, which works significantly better than whey protein alone.
- Some people like thick shakes and others like low-carb keto protein shakes made without sugar or protein shakes without bananas.
- Add all ingredients except any toppings to a blender.
- Those suggestions may sound strange if you’ve never tried them in your homemade protein shake recipes, but they work really well.
- I’ll usually store my add-ins (fruit, yogurt, etc.) with almond milk in mason jars in the fridge and then add my protein powder at the last minute before blending.
Choose a whey protein that has the fewest ingredients possible and make sure that protein is the first listed ingredient. Peanut butter – almond butter or sunflower butter would also work but will taste different. The word „healthy“ has become way too complicated and overwhelming. This blog exists to make it all much, much simpler.
6Banana bread protein shake
The addition of casein leads to a smoother, fluffier result. Just check out my Protein Fluff recipe to see how this type of protein can completely change the volume How To Make A Healthy Homemade Protein Shake of your smoothies. Secondly, PEScience protein powder is a blend of whey & casein protein powder, which works significantly better than whey protein alone.
- Protein shakes are a healthy way to increase protein in your diet.
- My son hates peanut butter and definitely wouldn’t drink it.
- This shake may be the definition of a perfectly balanced breakfast.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until mixed well.
You’ve done a nice job in choosing a variety for this round up. A super simple and super healthy green and white spicy kiwi banana breakfast smoothie. Rozzie is a nutritionist in Jamie’s food team, but her university degree also qualified her in sports and exercise science. Sport is one of the loves of her life, and she is a self-confessed exercise junkie and running addict. Hydration also goes without saying, but unless your workout exceeds an hour, water will suffice until you have finished your workout. This shake may be the definition of a perfectly balanced breakfast.
Homemade Protein Shake Recipes To Try
If you are a fan of banana bread, this shake is the right choice for you. It will taste like banana bread whipped up into a thick drink! Sprinkle some cinnamon on top before serving. Benefits of protein shakesProtein shakes are https://www.wave-accounting.net/ an excellent thing to drink after a workout to help your muscles properly recover. In addition to post-workout, protein shakes can be used as a meal preplacement if they have enough calories ore even a high-protein snack.
This creamy high-protein shake will keep you satisfied for hours and tastes like a chocolate-peanut butter banana milkshake. You don’t even need to add protein powder, thanks to the naturally occurring protein in the soymilk, Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Most protein shakes begin with the base of frozen fruit because it’s easy to blend up and super flavorful.
How to Freeze Bananas for Protein Shakes
When it comes to sweeteners, some will use none, others will use honey or agave, while others will use a calorie free sweetener. Yoghurt is a good example of a natural protein source. Greek yogurt contains 10g protein per 100g, plus it helps make your smoothie all creamy-dreamy. This mango coconut smoothie is one of my fave yogurt-based smoothies.